Welcome to iAdverts I hope you register as so much waits if you just open the door with the key and register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to iAdverts I hope you register as so much waits if you just open the door with the key and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is religion real or fake?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is religion real or fake? Empty Is religion real or fake? Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

So, my question is:
Is religion something that is real and chosen by you, or is it something that has been forced into peoples mind with time?

How is that if you are born in a christian family, you are automatically turn into a christian after the baptismal ceremony? Who did ask you about it?

2Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Tayne

Tayne
iadverts Founder
iadverts Founder

I think its real, i dont think its forced its cant be.

https://iadverts.darkbb.com

3Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

It is interesting that you don`t think it can be forced into someones mind.
Some centuries ago there was a certain crusade. Their purpose was to make people believe in the christian faith. If they disagreed, the soldiers just burned their eyes out. Not really nice but it was effective. On top of that, some says that it was not their main purpose. They say, that they collected expensive treasures from the eastern territories of the Earth.

4Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Tayne

Tayne
iadverts Founder
iadverts Founder

The crusades where a long time ago, i think its up to the peoples mind power that if they allow it to be forced in them or not.

https://iadverts.darkbb.com

5Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

Then let me ask you this one:

Did your parents asked you if you would like to be a christian or not?
Your answer would be something like: "I could not answer that even if I could speak then". Which is exactly my point. Why don`t they wait till you are old enough to decide if you want to believe in something like that.

I believe in something that is my own belief. That makes it my religion I think. But since religion is faith itself, and you are the one who will create your own faith, I like to say that you are your own faith.

6Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 am

dballerp

iadverts Member

It's exactly what they want to be, because I could say "I want to be christian" and still never do it.

It's where you were born and how you were taught to believe religion

There's no right answer, but there are a lot of wrong ones

7Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 am

hotspot

hotspot
iadverts Moderator
iadverts Moderator

Pretty much everyone is born into a religion, unless someone is born into a family that doesn't practice religion.

I was born into a christian/catholic family myself, but being gay kind of wants me to just get out and have my own religion where I just beleive in god. Which is actually called Pagan.

Religion is real, religion is just a lifestyle though. It's just a set of rules you must always listen to and obey.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Dark_Horizon/

8Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

hotspot wrote:Religion is real, religion is just a lifestyle though. It's just a set of rules you must always listen to and obey.

Yes it is a lifestyle. Therefore it can`t be made out from rules and restrictions. What I believe is that everybody has the power to forge his/her own future and destiny. Without any rules or so called greater power. If you really want something, you just have to try and reach it instead of wasting your time with prayers. "Help yourself and god will help you too" (or something like that). It wont work the opposite direction. God will not help you first. And when you reach your goal, you might say that god helped you. But I don`t think he has anything to do with that.

9Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 am

hotspot

hotspot
iadverts Moderator
iadverts Moderator

Yeah, I don't believe god does anything in anyone's life at all. If you've ever seen that episode of futurama, where bender becomes "god" it kind of shows why god can't interfere.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Dark_Horizon/

10Is religion real or fake? Empty Re: Is religion real or fake? Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 pm

SAMCRO

SAMCRO
iadverts Member

hotspot wrote:Pretty much everyone is born into a religion, unless someone is born into a family that doesn't practice religion.

I was born into a christian/catholic family myself, but being gay kind of wants me to just get out and have my own religion where I just beleive in god. Which is actually called Pagan.

Religion is real, religion is just a lifestyle though. It's just a set of rules you must always listen to and obey.

Pagan is not a belief in one god. Pagans believe in many gods and goddesses.

You are not born into religion and religion does not choose you.

I was brought up in a christian household. But never believed in it.
When I was in highschool, I started reading up of wicca and paganism. I chose my belief.

http://www.headbangershaven.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]