Welcome to iAdverts I hope you register as so much waits if you just open the door with the key and register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to iAdverts I hope you register as so much waits if you just open the door with the key and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discrimination...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Discrimination... Empty Discrimination... Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

Discrimination...
Skin color, race, language, orientation and a tons of other things here.
We can never get rid of it. Why is that? When will we realize that we are just digging our own graves with it?

And another thing is... positive discrimination.
Is it better? I don`t think so. But how about you? Do you think it is different than its negative "blood relative"?

Did you had any experience in any way with discrimination? It does not matter if it was positive or negative. Share it with us so we just might find out something about those reasons.

2Discrimination... Empty Re: Discrimination... Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 am

hotspot

hotspot
iadverts Moderator
iadverts Moderator

I've never been discriminated in real life before, I guess because no one would figure that I'm not straight. That and I'm quiet and mind my own business.
Actually if I think about it, I was probably bullied in school because I was shy, quiet and minded my own business. Don't know though.

Discrimination of any kind is wrong, we are all people when it comes down to it.

I know a story about discrimination, this woman on the bus. She is African, and her daughter got suspended in school because she pushed a Caucasian kid into a locker. The kid called her a "Black B****".
So the daughter was suspended, but the kid wasn't. The principle was saying that the one kid just said a word and that an action is worse.
The mother was saying that they should both be suspended.
This isn't really making any sense right now, but it was discrimination.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Dark_Horizon/

3Discrimination... Empty Re: Discrimination... Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Nelliel

iadverts Member

Lol people like calling me Chinese and Black Chiney and all sorts of things xD But I'm fine with it. It's all for jokes and I can laugh at myself too. Smile

I think Discrimination for people who don't find it funny, however, should be stopped. It's not fair. It's like everything else. A joke can only go so far. And when it's not a joke, then you're just starting a fight, and you shouldn't even bother going there.

4Discrimination... Empty Re: Discrimination... Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Cafetin

Cafetin
iadverts Admin
iadverts Admin

Nelliel wrote:Lol people like calling me Chinese and Black Chiney and all sorts of things xD But I'm fine with it. It's all for jokes and I can laugh at myself too. Smile
I don`t think you should take that as a joke when a complete stranger is saying that to you just to make you feel bad or hurt you. Of course it is different when you are joking with your friends.

Nelliel wrote:I think Discrimination for people who don't find it funny, however, should be stopped. It's not fair. It's like everything else. A joke can only go so far. And when it's not a joke, then you're just starting a fight, and you shouldn't even bother going there.
I am sure to start a fight when my application for visa is not accepted just because I speak a different language. If you don`t fight for your rights, no one will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com